TERMS & CONDITIONS
Madrigal 44172/AL | Oxalá 61820/AL
- Bookings will be held for 7 days from receipt of the filled in Booking Form by email and confirmed upon receipt of deposit. Please add all guest names, age, date of birth, and prefix passport number with Nationality e:g: GB,NL,DE etc. Changes and extra guests can be added when balance is paid.
- A Booking Deposit of 25% is required to confirm booking at the time of initial reservation. A booking is not confirmed until the deposit is received by Barbara Jane Boulter and acknowledged in writing by email with a payment confirmation slip.
- Balance of Payment of a confirmed booking becomes payable in full 42 days (six weeks) before the occupancy of the property takes effect.
- If for any reason a cancelation becomes necessary Barbara Jane Boulter must be informed in writing as soon as possible. She will endeavour to re-let the property, and if successful all monies paid will be refunded, less 10% for costs incurred. If the property is not re-let the following costs will be charged. The full deposit less 10% costs will be refunded when the cancellation is made more than 42 days before arrival. If the cancellation is made less than 42 days but more than 14 days before arrival 10% of the full rental will be charged. If the cancelation occurs less than 14 days prior to the booked date of the villa occupation the full deposit value of 25% will be charged. In all cases the charges above will only be made if no alternative tenant can be found to occupy the property for the same rental rate and period.
- €150 Breakage deposit is required with the balance of the full rental payment. All breakages and/or damage must be reported to Barbara Jane Boulter or her representative as soon as possible after the event. Do not wait until the end of your holiday. We also reserve the right to charge for excessive cleaning of property after departure of guests. The deposit is returnable 15 days after termination of your holiday. Please provide banking details for the return of your deposit.
- Bookings may be made using the Booking Form by persons over 21 years of age. Children must be supervised at all times as if in their own homes and are the responsibility of their carers or families. Pools, poolside, balconies, roof terraces, fireplaces, barbecues, steps, cots and high chairs are all used at guest’s own risk.
- Bookings are only accepted for named parties on the Booking Form, any changes should be advised before arrival of the party to take up residence.
- The person signing the form is responsible for all members of the party and must ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions and that they meet the obligations arising therein. The owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the property at any time without refund of monies if extra persons to those booked occupy the property, or eject if the property is being misused.
- Travel insurance is essential for all party members including children. Madrigal has railed verandas which are high and care must be taken with small children. Oxalá is a country property with ponds, and some farming and building equipment kept in closed farm sheds.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the houses. Care must be taken in summer months to avoid fire hazard. All rubbish must be taken to Bins or ECO Ecological Islands which are cleared on weekdays by the council. Rubbish bins with food and waste matters attract ants.
- Air Conditioning is extra and units must be turned off when you leave the property for any reason. Doors and windows must be shut when air conditioners are in use.
- In Madrigal pets are not allowed. At Quinta de Oxala pets are welcome. However, we must be advised beforehand and they may not stay or sleep indoors. Owners are asked to bring appropriate sleeping baskets for the animals to use on the verandas
- The owner, Barbara Jane Boulter, her representative or any employee cannot accept any liability to any person or member of a holiday booking for any personal injury, loss or damage to personal property, however sustained or caused, nor for loss or theft of any personal property and/or monies. The safe should be used and the house locked when vacant. Neither can liability be entertained for inconvenience caused by power cuts, failure of plumbing, heating, lighting or gas systems, or failure of supply of such utilities. All efforts will be made to restore utilities as fast as possible.
- Both properties are fully licensed ‘Alojamento Local’ holiday rental property. Any disputes between the parties involved in this contract will be settled according to Portuguese law.
14 Clauses. END